Radio Acting Wierd

JaguarS4R

What do you mean the AM stations only work sometimes? No reception?

Is there a CD changer or only tape? Do you listen to tapes frequently? If you don't really care for CD's then there's no need to get a different HU unless it's not repairable...but it might be easier to just replace the headunit.

What do you mean the AM stations only work sometimes? No reception?

Is there a CD changer or only tape? Do you listen to tapes frequently? If you don't really care for CD's then there's no need to get a different HU unless it's not repairable...but it might be easier to just replace the headunit.

AM has NO RECEPTION. Everytime I put a tape in the cassatte player, it shoots it back out. The cd changer wont work b/c it needs that little lid(door) thats missin.g

So all the FM stations work right? If your FM stations work and your AM doesn't then I have no idea what's wrong...sorry.

Correct, all FM work, AM only sometimes

You might pull out the radio and check the antenna wire. Maybe it is loose or unplugged. Then you can lift off the lid for access to the tapedeck area and check for foriegn objects; When I had little kids, I would find all sorts of things stuffed into the cassette hole.

Main antenna and sub? I hooked up an aftermarket headunit and there's only 1 plug for the antenna...both AM and FM work. What am I missing here?

Thats exactly what I was asking. I found I only have one plug (main antenna plug) to go in the main antenna hole. The sub antenna hole is not used. Just wondering what is it used for.

I have had several cars where the AM band didn't work but the FM did. It never bothered me since all there is on AM is a bunch of boring talk radio. I guess if you listen to sports or something you might need it occasionally but I watch most sports on TV anyway. The AM signal must be there first to go.