Anyone Swapped Jdm 2jz N/a Into Sc300?

thombiz

Anyone swapped a normally aspirated 2JZ-GE engine into a US spec SC300.

I've read about some extra requirements for the twin turbos, but I'm only interested in a non-turbo swap. I read something on the Supra site about the Japan spec using position sensor instead of MAF. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance.

What I would like to do is pull my SC300 engine and replace it with a good, low mileage engine.

I did. I got a 30,000 mile engine for $1100 shipped to my door. Nothing is different except the upper intake plenum. You have to use yours, and also the oil pan was different and I had to use mine. I have lots of extras so, I would have known if there was anything else that was different.

:P The car is my wife's car and it has 106,000 miles on it and it has one of the engines which sounds like the lifters have gone flat when you start it up in the morning. The problem now includes a slight miss until the engine is completely warm. I'm tiring of trying to solve the problem and so a low mileage engine is starting to look like an answer.

As much as the twin turbo's would be fun, and my wife would get a kick out of them, at 62 I feel I should restrict her fun to Geritol spiked with a little :cheers: brandy!