lucdaica

traction control important?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. traction control important?

• No
    • Yes
    • Sorta
    • Dont know

Sorry, New user, clcik the wrong thing, should've click new topic..

my uncle jsut gave me a sc400 92 last month cus he felt sorry that i wrecked my prelude and have no car for school. HoWever, he gave me the car with check engine light and tractioncontrol on, no side mirrors, broke lights and bulbs, in other words,, its not a perfect car... i asked him about his tune ups.. he said he never done them so i start with that first... come to find out.. lexus cars are a pain to open up when you tryin to do something with it..speacially 8 engines. just a tune up and opening up the cap and rotor box was a mess! but i manage to get it past... cleaned the engine vavle replaces the wires, plugs, the engine gaskets and also plug gaskets. done with all that then i foudn out there was a leak in the power steering pump and some how it got in the intake system. so the engine was stucking on power steering, so took me about 1 week to get the parts shipped, clean it up and everything. so bacilly today i reinstall everyting back together and started the car for like 10 seconds... becuase there was no power steering fluid.. had to get more... but the check Engine light is Off!!!.... Now only left is traction Control... I've check the other post about reseting ecu, and oxygen sensors but they all seem to be dealing with check engine.. any one had traction control only problme fixed?

Ohh yeah my unlce bought the car 6 months ago at 120,000 miles for 3,000$

....total cost of the order parts and lights come up to about $300 at my own labor, so bascily the car is value 3,300 is that a good deal?.. im thinking of sellin it for money. but the work i put into it... i thik im inlove with it. hahah.. some1 let me know if traction control even need to be fix... im just afraid its dangerous... or the back breaks hugs onto the disk, draging it or something i dunno. someone fill me in on that. thanks

Definately sounds like needs a good tuneup and some cleanups. Everything your stating is relevant with a non tuneup environment, brakes probably could use a good rebleeding and lubbing to fix your sticking problem or possibly a caliper is bad. I still think $3k is a good deal in its current shape, even with the fixups, Its a great car and taking care of it, it will last you a long time. I've had a problem with the traction control light ever since I've owned my SC, it goes away and comes on when it pleases. Its not a big enough of an issue for me to look into, of course I'm not in a snow state to need it. Going to the dealer to get diag is more of a hassle then it is benefit for this problem to me. Let me know how your car turns out for you, I love mine.