Ash Tray Stuck

Hey guys, On my 98 gs, my ash tray is stuck in the closed position. I was parked on a hill downwards and i had lots of coins in it. I closed it and tried to open it later but it wont budge. Can anyone help me? I think i need to get the whole ashtray section out. I dont know where to start. thanks

-Kenji

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, On my 98 gs, my ash tray is stuck in the closed position. I was parked on a hill downwards and i had lots of coins in it. I closed it and tried to open it later but it wont budge. Can anyone help me? I think i need to get the whole ashtray section out. I dont know where to start. thanks

-Kenji

My ashtray had nothing in it. I just closed it and now it will not open. Did you ever get yours open? If so, how?

Catherine

• 2 weeks later...

to take the ash tray out, all you need is a small flat head screw driver and a towel.. cover the flat head with the towel and wedge it between the ashtray and the radio control... tilt the screw driver up slowly and the ashtray should pop out.. there are two clips that hold in the ash tray.. also, there are wires connected to the cig. lighter so just unclip it.. with the ash tray out, you should be able to shake the coins out in order to open the tray..GL