What Do I Need To Do?

bdar

I will be getting my 05 RX330 AWD with NAV and RSES pretty soon. What do I need to do? What do I have to check before leaving the dealer? Thanks  :)

Make sure it's the one you want. It finally dawned on me that when I purchased mine, it was totally different from the one I test drove. When I test drove, I believe that he sales rep took us in a sports performance one. I can remember this because he showed me that the + and - signs on the shift is almost the same as manual transmission. However, when I drove home, I didn't see this on the one I bought. Again, just make sure you are test driving the exact model or one that you are purchasing.

2004 Rx330

Have the dealer explain the C-best optional setups to you.

I would recommend using the C-best options to unlink the A/C from operating in fully automatic mode unless you enable it by manually turning it on. It will remain "enabled", day after day, until you disable it by manually turning it off.

I would also unlink the A/C from operating automatically in defrost/defog/demist mode.

The third c-best option I would have the dealer set is to have the system not automatically switch to cooling mode.

The Lexus climate control, in fully automatic mode, once the cabin temperature rises to or closely to your temperature setpoint, will automatically switch to cooling mode, (from footwell and windshield airflow to face and upper body via the dash outlets). On a day or night when your body's radiant heating effects from the surrounding landscape are miniscule this will result in significant discomfort for you and your passengers.

If it remains in heating mode the windshield will still be warmed by the slight airflow from those ducts and you will be much less likely to have your windshield fog over suddenly as the OAT declines and/or the interior RH rises.

I will be getting my 05 RX330 AWD with NAV and RSES pretty soon. What do I need to do? What do I have to check before leaving the dealer? Thanks  :)

Make sure you check out the lights at night to be certain they are adjusted high enough to see safetly ion dark streets and rhighways at night. Mine were adjusted so low I could only see 35 feet ahead on the driver's side even though Lexis insisted the lights were "in spec". After much discussion and inally ascertaining the legal lighting distance required by my state is 150 feet at night the dealer finally adjusted the lights so I can now see the proper "legal" distance.

Make sure all the accessories are on the car with the package you're buying. I had to fight to get my wheel locks.

:chairshot:

This is so unreal. I just got back from a my first ride longer than 20 minutes with the new rx330 and was really concerned about the short distance my headlights were providing on several curvy dark roads and thought I'd better have them checked out. I actually was using the light from someone behind me. It felt unsafe, but definitely kept me from speeding. Also, my windshield completely fogged up and I didn't know how to defog it, but the control was easy to see after pulling off the road. The ac kept coming on automatically and I was getting chilled, I kept turning it off and noticed it was on even after I set the temp up to 75 to try to warm up. The advice in this thread is really right on.

Right now my back is killing me from driving this car and I realized I had mostly test driven the rx300, which I think had smaller seats?? (anyone with some insight on this??). There is no way I can get comfortable. I'm only 5' and I think I really needed the smaller seats. If they're not really smaller and someone can help me on this, it may just be a period of adjustment, but right now I feel like seeing if I can trade the 330 for a 300. (If there's some way to avoid being re-taxed on so much money.) I don't think my back can handle much more of this. It happened in the short time I drove the car yesterday and I was sore for hours. Tonight I spent most of the ride fiddling with the seat controls, and it seemed like I felt great sitting in the 300. So that may be another thing for a new buyer to consider.

Don't sign the paperwork until you're sure you have everything you need--I'd have a printout with me--I was really shocked not to have even a driver's manual available and that whatever was missing from the car was being obtained for me as a huge favor--like floor mats for a 40k car. (I bought from the certified division, but the car was sold under the new warranty and I paid pretty close to new.) If I had to do things over again at this point I'd be back at VW. I really hope this car starts to grow on me and appreciate the helpful comments in response to my question in the other thread.