Need Help Deciding Speakers '95 Es300

Terps22

Hello,

This is my first time here.. I have a '95 ES300 ... I'm trying to replace all my speakers..component Front and Rears... afew guys have told me either go with a

Alpine Type S

or

Infinity Kappa series

Could anyone tell me or have had experience with either one which one is better.. main goal is to have crisp clean sound...and clean bass from rear speakers..as i listen to a lot of hip hop and house. Thanks

both great companies, but will sound different to the taste of ones own likings. I agree with SK, you wont really know untill you hear it yourself. I was picky, i got kenwood 4 ways in the back, and polk audios 3 ways in the front all connected to an amplifier made by directed electronics. Then one large sub with its own Amp.

They're right, let your ears tell you what sounds better.

Are you asking about components or coaxials? Both are great speakers but I think the Kappa's highs are brighter...IMO. You should take a look at MB Quart components while you're at it.

Go out speaker shopping someday and bring along a cd you're familiar with, set all the settings on the display HU to flat and pop in your cd...let your ears determine what's best for you.

How much do you have to spend? If you're on a budget then just spend as much money as you can on your front stage and use coaxials for the back as fill. Are you going to have a sub?

Hello,

This is my first time here.. I have a '95 ES300 ... I'm trying to replace all my speakers..component Front and Rears... afew guys have told me either go with a

Alpine Type S

or

Infinity Kappa series

Could anyone tell me or have had experience with either one which one is better.. main goal is to have crisp clean sound...and clean bass from rear speakers..as i listen to a lot of hip hop and house. Thanks

It's going to be completely dependent on the car's acoustics and your ears. I'd suggest having this done by a reputable shop who has the ability to equalize things so that the speakers blend well with the car's interior.

Everything else being equal (which it never is, of course), I prefer Infinity speakers. They tend to give a very crisp, bright sound - but that's what I prefer. You might prefer the richer, boomier sound of the Alpines. (For comparison, go to a stereo store and compare the Infiinity Primum 360 towers (list $300 each, available for just over half that) to anything under $1 K using classical or vocal music. Even the salesman was amazed at how much more musical the Infinity speaker were - even compared to Klipsch and other names. Apparently, most people just come in with their booming rock CDs and miss out on the accuracy issues that you don't hear very well at 110 db with booming bass).

A good car stereo shop should be able to help you through this decision.

yea you guys are right, i do need to go out and listen to it myselves.. appriciate the help.. I have a MTX 10" sub w/ an attached 600watt Rockford Amp. which im going to use to power the components in the front and rear speakers..not going to install the sub. Thanks

both great companies, but will sound different to the taste of ones own likings.  I agree  with SK, you wont really know untill you hear it yourself.  I was picky,  i got kenwood 4 ways in the back, and polk audios 3 ways in the front all connected to an amplifier made by directed electronics.  Then one large sub with its own Amp.

yea you guys are right, i do need to go out and listen to it myselves.. appriciate the help.. I have a MTX 10" sub w/ an attached 600watt Rockford Amp. which im going to use to power the components in the front and rear speakers..not going to install the sub. Thanks
both great companies, but will sound different to the taste of ones own likings.  I agree  with SK, you wont really know untill you hear it yourself.   I was picky,  i got kenwood 4 ways in the back, and polk audios 3 ways in the front all connected to an amplifier made by directed electronics.  Then one large sub with its own Amp.

Why would you leave out the sub since you already own it and a good amp? If your model has a factory sub, I guess you won't miss much (unless you're one of these bass hungry people who seem to live next to me all the time). But if you don't already have a sub, you'll definitely want to install it.

A decent amp to drive the front and rear speakers isn't all that much when you consider the cost of the entire project.