My Lex Needs Help

lexus lover

:cries: My LS needs help bad. I can understand if you guys cant help. I'm getting this loud squeaking noise the comes and goes sometime. It can last and half hour or more. I've been trying to figure this thing out for months. I've change the idle pulley because the bareings in it was bad. I thought that could cause the sound. I went to my local dealer they say it will take theam hours to find this out. At $98 an hour i cant afford that. Some times when i'm makeing turns my struning wheel locks up on me and the battery light will come on. I really want to fix this problem a.s.a.p with all the noise i make i'm giving the big lex a bad name :( I took of the belt and turned all pulleys by hand to see if i could here anything. Thought it was the fan clutch but i cant here anything. Then the air compressor can here something but not to sure. Can it make sounds like that if its locking up? I think thats why the wheel locks up on me and the battery light comes on cause it's slowing down the belt and stoping the other pulleys from turning at normal speed. One last thing can the power steering be going bad and makeing this loud squeaking noise? Thank you all for help if any. I would have took it to a shop to look at it a long time ago but i only have one car. I cant drop it off some where because i use my car to travel for my job. The labor cost to just find out what is wrong looks like it will cost me $250-$350 dollars. I till theam the car is a lexus and all the prices go up they think we all have money :) ounce again thinks for any help :unsure:

Well you're not that far away from where I am. If your batt light comes on, you might want to have it tested. Walmart, pepboys advanced auto have testers. if you can't your welcomed to bring it to where I work @ Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda.

You should also check the Power Steering Fluid level, see it there's anything in there.

Start with those things first, and we'll take it from there.

Well you're not that far away from where I am.  If your batt light comes on, you might want to have it tested.  Walmart, pepboys advanced auto have testers.  if you can't your welcomed to bring it to where I work @ Jim Coleman Infiniti in Bethesda.

You should also check the Power Steering Fluid level, see it there's anything in there.

Start with those things first, and we'll take it from there.

I have a new batt just got it a few days ago. Since i had this problem i've been checking the power steering fluid and its always full.

Maybe your serpentine belt is just worn out. When they get old, they get glazed and when that happens they slip and squeel whiuh could cause your ps not to work momentarily and other lights like battery (indicating no charge) to come on. Does your temp stay steady?

Maybe your serpentine belt is just worn out.  When they get old, they get glazed and when that happens they slip and squeel whiuh could cause your ps not to work momentarily and other lights like battery (indicating no charge) to come on.  Does your temp stay steady?

I was thinking about doning that but when i have a new belt on the noise is still there and its louder