Help A Is Newbie Out, Please

hi everyone,

i just purchased a new is300 2004. i didn't bother changing snow tires until it started snowing today. my problem is after i took all five screws off the tire, i tried pulling off the wheel very hard but to no availability. is there a hidden thing inside? help me please as i'm in the middle of changing tires... thanks a bunch in advance!

Make sure the car is safely on jack stands.

Just give it a couple of good whacks with a soft mallet to break it loose.  There's nothing special or anything holding it.  Could be just some rust or some compression of metak to metal.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I have put all screws back on the wheel after all the efforts. Knowing there is nothing special and just like other tires are, I'll be giving it a shot again tomorrow morning. When it comes to cars, i'm completely amateur or newb so to speak. LOL Anyway I'm now more rest assured. =)

Make sure the car is safely on jack stands.

Just give it a couple of good whacks with a soft mallet to break it loose.  There's nothing special or anything holding it.  Could be just some rust or some compression of metak to metal.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I have put all screws back on the wheel after all the efforts. Knowing there is nothing special and just like other tires are, I'll be giving it a shot again tomorrow morning. When it comes to cars, i'm completely amateur or newb so to speak. LOL Anyway I'm now more rest assured. =)

If you have one locking lug on each wheel, always loosen it first and torque it down last. That makes it easier with that silly wrench socket they have for that locking nut.

Do you have a torque wrench for when you put the wheels & tires back on the car? They have to be tightened properly & at the correct torque setting recommended by Lexus. If your not sure, contact your dealer. B) Where abouts in the U.S. are you located & are you going to put snow tires on your IS? :unsure:

:cheers: