Rx300 Lcd Display Problems

blumagoo

Yesterday upon starting my RX300 (2000, 75K) after a 10min shopping stop, the LCD panel stopped displaying radio, air and cruise info but maintained clock. I drove home (~20min) & stopped/started the vehicle 2x & LCD returned to normal. Then, this morning, upon starting it took about 2min of running before the radio, air, cruise info came back - closk always stayed consistent & bright.

I’ve read through many threads that discuss LCD bleed, which this doesn’t seem to fit problem and recommendations for head unit replacements on older models. I’ll look at the fuses tonight as a suggestion. If it was a blown fuse though it would be completely out…. At least that is what I figure.

I thought I throw an inquiry out there if anyone else has ever heard/seen of this issue & possible fixes (if in fact it isn’t a fuse). Thanks for any suggestions!

Yesterday upon starting my RX300 (2000, 75K) after a 10min shopping stop, the LCD panel stopped displaying radio, air and cruise info but maintained clock.  I drove home (~20min) & stopped/started the vehicle 2x & LCD returned to normal.  Then, this morning, upon starting it took about 2min of running before the radio, air, cruise info came back - closk always stayed consistent & bright. 

I’ve read through many threads that discuss LCD bleed, which this doesn’t seem to fit problem and recommendations for head unit replacements on older models.  I’ll look at the fuses tonight as a suggestion.  If it was a blown fuse though it would be completely out…. At least that is what I figure. 

I thought I throw an inquiry out there if anyone else has ever heard/seen of this issue & possible fixes (if in fact it isn’t a fuse).  Thanks for any suggestions!

wasn't the fuse. probably a loose wire. have an appt w/a mechanic. but, if anyone has advice, please speak up! thanks. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Yesterday upon starting my RX300 (2000, 75K) after a 10min shopping stop, the LCD panel stopped displaying radio, air and cruise info but maintained clock.  I drove home (~20min) & stopped/started the vehicle 2x & LCD returned to normal.  Then, this morning, upon starting it took about 2min of running before the radio, air, cruise info came back - closk always stayed consistent & bright. 

I’ve read through many threads that discuss LCD bleed, which this doesn’t seem to fit problem and recommendations for head unit replacements on older models.  I’ll look at the fuses tonight as a suggestion.  If it was a blown fuse though it would be completely out…. At least that is what I figure. 

I thought I throw an inquiry out there if anyone else has ever heard/seen of this issue & possible fixes (if in fact it isn’t a fuse).  Thanks for any suggestions!

wasn't the fuse. probably a loose wire. have an appt w/a mechanic. but, if anyone has advice, please speak up! thanks. :rolleyes:

I too have started experiencing this intermittent problem, which started at about 80K miles. I noticed the problem only occurs when I first start the engine. When the problem does occur, if I turn the key off, then on again, the problem goes away. I suspect a loose wire or bad ignition switch, but need to get the car to the dealer to troubleshoot. Hope that helps you a bit. Please let me know how you finally resolve the problem.

• 6 years later...
  • 9 years later...

Not sure if anyone is still here to help. I have a 2002 Lexus RX300. Keep in mind this is not a model with navigation. My display screen for the radio is not displaying any information, the screen comes on and the back light is working but no #'s. All the fuses are good and working, I also replaced the screen but am still experiencing the same issue. Any ideas?