Tail Lights 1999 Es300?

catfish47

Can anyone please tell me how to get to the tail lights in the trunk lid of my 1999 ES300? The great picture instructions I see on this site seem to be for earlier models with no trunk lid lights. Pictures would be very much appreciated if available. Love my car, but why did they make this so hard? To help their dealers service departments? Thanks!

:(

catfish, open up the trunk (of course). Look behind the trunk lid and you should see 2 "doors" from the trunk lining with velcro pieces as "locks" for those doors. Open up those doors and you will see bulb sockets for the trunk lid bulbs in your ES. The bulbs are removed by untwisting the sockets and pulling the bulbs out from the sockets.

That's it! It cannot get any simpler than that :)

post-14153-1101421038_thumb.jpg
catfish, open up the trunk (of course).  Look behind the trunk lid and you should see 2 "doors" from the trunk lining with velcro pieces as "locks" for those doors.  Open up those doors and you will see bulb sockets for the trunk lid bulbs in your ES.  The bulbs are removed by untwisting the sockets and pulling the bulbs out from the sockets.

That's it!  It cannot get any simpler than that :)

(Sorry...slow to learn how to post! :( Anyway, Thanks for the help, but that only seems to work for the larger, black socket next to the one I need to remove. See picture above...the blurry, white one is the one I need to change, and I can't figure out how to get it out. Any suggestions? Thanks! Catfish