Sub Woofer For Rx300 ?

lexus@agina.com

Maybe a month ago, I saw a seller on ebay selling a subwoofer that was ripped from a 1999 RX300. I was told that the sub woofer mounts under the front passenger seat. Obviously, I am unable to find the auction anymore (maybe ended...etc)...But I am curious if such animal really exists? I have a 1999 RX300, looking to add a little bass boost.

it exhists but it's not worth it for you to seek it out...i took mine out and it looks like it's just a tiny 4" sub and the added bass is negligible...you might as well just get some real subs...

Maybe a month ago, I saw a seller on ebay selling a subwoofer that was ripped from a 1999 RX300.  I was told that the sub woofer mounts under the front passenger seat.  Obviously, I am unable to find the auction anymore (maybe ended...etc)...But I am curious if such animal really exists?  I have a 1999 RX300, looking to add a little bass boost.

it exhists but it's not worth it for you to seek it out...i took mine out and it looks like it's just a tiny 4" sub and the added bass is negligible...you might as well just get some real subs...
Maybe a month ago, I saw a seller on ebay selling a subwoofer that was ripped from a 1999 RX300.  I was told that the sub woofer mounts under the front passenger seat.  Obviously, I am unable to find the auction anymore (maybe ended...etc)...But I am curious if such animal really exists?  I have a 1999 RX300, looking to add a little bass boost.

Interesting...what did you do with your subwoofer? I am tempting to give it a shot, because there is no good place to mount a sub in the "trunk"....Silly thought... Possible to rip out the original 4 inch and put in a bigger 4 inch?

Interesting...what did you do with your subwoofer? I am tempting to give it a shot, because there is no good place to mount a sub in the "trunk"....Silly thought... Possible to rip out the original 4 inch and put in a bigger 4 inch?

If you do try to replace your OEM sub, make sure you also change the OEM amp underneath the passenger seat. If you don't, the factory amp may not be able to power your subwoofers. I replaced all my door speakers and added a 10inch sub in the trunk. Unfortunately, you cannot replace the OEM radio because AC controls are all connected to the back of the radio.

You can always work around with what you have. The Nakamichi stock is not bad, not bad at all.

Front

Rear

• 4 months later...

I have the perfect solution. I don't have my RX300 anymore, but have the parts. It was installed from the premier installer in the Northwest. Factor sub is removed. Custom sub mounts in the rear, left trunk area (virtually no space is taken up). Factor amp is replaced w/ kicker impulse 1x702. Parts include a brand new (in unopoened box) s10d solobaric woofer (had it replaced by installer because the prev had a problem.) custom fit enclosure designed specifically for RX300. kicker impulse 1X702 amp. Bought for $1500. Selling for $500 OBO. I had an add posted in the buy/sell forum, but don't see it there anymore. I'll repost.

post-12863-1111353689_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
I have the perfect solution.  I don't have my RX300 anymore, but have the parts.  It was installed from the premier installer in the Northwest.  Factor sub is removed.  Custom sub mounts in the rear, left trunk area (virtually no space is taken up).  Factor amp is replaced w/ kicker impulse 1x702.  Parts include a brand new (in unopoened box) s10d solobaric woofer (had it replaced by installer because the prev had a problem.)  custom fit enclosure designed specifically for RX300.  kicker impulse 1X702 amp.  Bought for $1500.  Selling for $500 OBO.  I had an add posted in the buy/sell forum, but don't see it there anymore.  I'll repost.

WHO DID YOUR SUB-WOOFER ENCLOSURE? IM LOOKING TO DO SOMTHING SIMILAR TO MINE