Ghost In The Machine?!

llama

The other day, I dropped off 2nd season Sopranos at the video store when I came back out, started my car when I heard what I think was the starter wheel still engaged to the flywheel. So, naturally I shut the engine down and restarted, then the starter continued to stay engaged though the engine was running and I had let off the key, so again I shut the engine down... but the starter kept trying to start! I even pulled the key out of the ignition. I sat there for a moment bewildered and decided to drop the e-brake. The starter stopped. This makes absolutely no sense to me! I've seen nothing like this before! I know that my starter needs to be looked at, but recently I have been too busy. Does anyone know why this happened? Any input would be helpful!

happened to me about 6 months ago. and i had to disconnect the battery. the plunger on the solenoid is just fuseing to the contact because of high resistance. if you take the starter appart you will see pitting on the contacts. and its a good thing you have the i6, taking the starter out will be fairly easy, and you can just get it rebuilt usualy within the day if you take it early for about 100 bucks.

• 1 month later...
happened to me about 6 months ago. and i had to disconnect the battery. the plunger on the solenoid is just fuseing to the contact because of high resistance. if you take the starter appart you will see pitting on the contacts. and its a good thing you have the i6, taking the starter out will be fairly easy, and you can just get it rebuilt usualy within the day if you take it early for about 100 bucks.

Thanks for the reply.

She is now starting smoothly!