lx problem

mmorin

98 GS300

100K miles

The only problem I have with my Lexus is that the front left speaker will go out when I hit a bump. If I turn the stereo off and then back on the speaker will be fully functional again until I hit another bump. Sometimes it will flicker on and off. It couldn't be a loose connection because every time I turn it off and on again it starts to work.

PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

2000 LX 470 60K miles. Just bought it.

VSC OFF / VSC TRAC lights on. just came on when I was lubricating some parts in steering column. Did not unhook any components though. Why would this come on? It just got its 60Kmiles service. Is there something in the steering column that works with these systems I could have harmed, or is it coincidental? I was not driving when they first came on. The car was in park.

Please help

Tom

2000 LX 470 60K miles.  Just bought it.

VSC OFF / VSC TRAC lights on.  just came on when I was lubricating some parts in steering column.  Did not unhook any components though.  Why would this come on?  It just got its 60Kmiles service.  Is there something in the steering column that works with these systems I could have harmed, or is it coincidental?  I was not driving when they first came on.  The car was in park.

Please help

Tom

how long had the car been idling? your trans may have overheated. long periods od idleing, even in park can cause overheating.

2000 LX 470 60K miles.  Just bought it.

VSC OFF / VSC TRAC lights on.  just came on when I was lubricating some parts in steering column.  Did not unhook any components though.  Why would this come on?  It just got its 60Kmiles service.  Is there something in the steering column that works with these systems I could have harmed, or is it coincidental?  I was not driving when they first came on.  The car was in park.

Please help

Tom

how long had the car been idling? your trans may have overheated. long periods od idleing, even in park can cause overheating.

Don't think overheating was any problem. It was on for about 15 minutes. Why would this cause the VSC lights to come on and stay on? Must have done something in the steering column. Taking it to be looked at tommorow at a trusted mechanic. If it is something simple, I would like to know if you have ideas.