Jb Weld...

ArmyofOne

i have a hole in my resonator, rigthbefore the connection to the pipefor the cat. its small and perfectly round, like someone drilled it there, is it possibel to fill it with JB weld? i dont have th e$$$ for a new resonator right now, and i really want my engine quiet.

From what I've heard, J-B WELD doesn't work too well on exhaust systems. This might be because of the wide heat range that these exhaust components have to work in. Besides, your resonator might be too rusted out to salvage.

From what I've heard, J-B WELD doesn't work too well on exhaust systems. This might be because of the wide heat range that these exhaust components  have to work in. Besides, your resonator might be too rusted out to salvage.

no actually its not, it looks like somebody drilled a hole in it, its perfectly round, but you did answer my question, and thats what i figured, any other opinions? i have filled holes in engine blocks (like modifying for engine swaps, not for repairs of holes in engine blocks LOL) using it, but thats a little different.

any other opinions?

i suppose i coudl try it, worst case scenario, it doesnt work.

From what I've heard, J-B WELD doesn't work too well on exhaust systems. This might be because of the wide heat range that these exhaust components  have to work in. Besides, your resonator might be too rusted out to salvage.

no actually its not, it looks like somebody drilled a hole in it, its perfectly round, but you did answer my question, and thats what i figured, any other opinions? i have filled holes in engine blocks (like modifying for engine swaps, not for repairs of holes in engine blocks LOL) using it, but thats a little different.

any other opinions?

i suppose i coudl try it, worst case scenario, it doesnt work.

I have used it on my bike on a stupid plug that kept leaking. Used JBweld and now no leak. the Pan is right by the exhaust and get very very hot. No leak in 1.5 years.