Fusible links &under hood fuse box

97 sc300 Lee

Had to replace the altenator fusible link in the fuse box under the hood of my 97 sc300. When unbolting the 140amp everything was normal. I was definitely worried because the link had corroded so bad it wasn't usable. I was able to flatten out the posts and get a parts store 125amp to slide down far enough to bolt back together.

If anyone knows a part number for original I would be grateful 馃檹! Cause ol Google is letting me down these days.

When going to install the fuse box guts back into the housing there is a random two wire part not connected.

It wasn't bolted to anything I removed, and searching the # on the part (90980-04109) its days it's a condenser for the radio. I'm puzzled on where it plugs back into this fuse box. Any help would be much appreciated.

1727484111516249350665970739552.jpg

17274841487113283788708150067680.jpg

It sounds like you鈥檝e been through quite a bit with your SC300!The part number 90980-04109 is indeed a condenser for the radio, and it鈥檚 used to reduce electrical noise.

For the original 140-amp fusible link, you might want to check with a Lexus dealership or a specialized parts supplier for the exact part number.Unfortunately, it seems like this specific part might be discontinued, but you can still find it through some online retailers or salvage yards.

As for the condenser, it typically connects to the radio circuit to filter out noise. It might have a specific mounting point or connection within the fuse box or near the radio itself. If you can鈥檛 find an obvious place to connect it, you might want to consult a service manual for your SC300.