New LC 500 Alignment Issue

Craig0717

Following a recent inspection at the dealership’s service department, the service advisor identified abnormal inner edge wear on all four tires. Upon further investigation, it was confirmed that the toe was out of specification on both the front and rear wheels. The service advisor recommended replacing all four tires and performing a 4-wheel alignment. He noted that it was unusual for all four wheels to be out of alignment, especially considering the vehicle has fewer than 10,000 miles, suggesting that the vehicle was misaligned directly from the manufacturer.

As a responsible vehicle owner, I have fulfilled my obligation by promptly raising this issue with Lexus professionals. I brought the car in as soon as I noticed an abnormal noise and change in driving quality. In addition, I have had all regularly scheduled maintenance performed by Lexus-trained technicians at the dealership. Despite my adherence to Lexus' maintenance guidelines, this issue was neither identified nor addressed during my previous service visits.

It is evident that the root cause of the abnormal tire wear was a manufacturing defect that should have been detected during Lexus’ quality assurance process before I purchased the vehicle. Furthermore, the failure to identify the misalignment during routine maintenance reflects a lapse in the service quality I expect from a premium brand like Lexus.

I appreciate that Lexus Corporate has agreed to cover the alignment cost of $179.95, but I find it unacceptable that Lexus will not cover the $2,285.08 cost for tire replacement and installation. Given the clear connection between the misalignment from the factory and the resulting tire damage, Have anyone else had alignment issues on their new LC 500? I would advise anyone planning on buying a new LC 500 to have the dealership check all 4 wheel alignment before purchasing.

I would be taking this issue up the food chain. Car came misaligned, this is NOT normal tire wear. This is consequential damage and should absolutely be covered. Take it to the owner, any decent dealer should be going to bat for you. Then Lexus if you need to. Best of luck. Let us know how you make out.

• Thanks 1