ES350 Lower front passenger door molding replacement

B V Mikos

Can anyone give me step-by-step on how to replace missing lower door molding on subject vehicle? I got the part from the dealership (75735 33051 A1) but don't know how to install it.

Thanks for your help!

On 9/15/2024 at 9:39 AM, B V Mikos said:

Can anyone give me step-by-step on how to replace missing lower door molding on subject vehicle? I got the part from the dealership (75735 33051 A1) but don't know how to install it.

Thanks for your help!

Copilot
Sent by Copilot:

Sure, I can help with that! Here’s a step-by-step guide to replace the lower door molding on your 2009 Lexus ES350:

1. Gather Tools and Materials:

• New lower door molding (part number 75735-33051-A1)
    • Molding removal tool
    • Rubbing alcohol or 3M paint prep
    • Microfiber cloth
  2. Prepare the Area:

• Clean the area where the new molding will be installed using rubbing alcohol or 3M paint prep. This ensures good adhesion.
  3. Remove Old Molding (if applicable):

• Use the molding removal tool to carefully pry off any remaining clips or pieces of the old molding. Be gentle to avoid damaging the paint.
  4. Align the New Molding:

• Hold the new molding up to the door to ensure it aligns correctly with the existing clips and the door’s edge.
  5. Install the New Molding:

• Peel off the adhesive backing from the new molding.
    • Starting from one end, press the molding onto the door, aligning it with the clips and the door edge. Make sure there are no gaps or bows.
    • Press down firmly along the entire length of the molding to ensure it adheres well.
  6. Secure the Molding:

• Use a dry microfiber cloth to press down on the molding, ensuring it is securely attached.
  7. Final Check:

• Inspect the molding to make sure it is properly aligned and securely attached.

If you prefer a visual guide, you might find this video tutorial helpful.