AC Blows Through Floor Vent

NTM6308

In our 2007 RX350, the AC blows through the floor vent when on Auto.  I can select the top vent on the Climate screen and it will blow out the top vents but the Auto goes off.  When I press Auto, it goes back to blowing through the floor vents again.  The only way I've been able to get it to consistently blow out the top vents is to turn the AC to Max, but then we get frozen out.

Could there be a setting that changed because we had to replace the battery?

Has anyone else experienced this?

9 hours ago, NTM6308 said:

In our 2007 RX350, the AC blows through the floor vent when on Auto.  I can select the top vent on the Climate screen and it will blow out the top vents but the Auto goes off.  When I press Auto, it goes back to blowing through the floor vents again.  The only way I've been able to get it to consistently blow out the top vents is to turn the AC to Max, but then we get frozen out.

Could there be a setting that changed because we had to replace the battery?

Has anyone else experienced this?

It sounds like the issue with your Lexus RX350’s AC system might be related to the mode door actuator, also known as the mode servo. This component controls the direction of airflow (e.g., floor, vents, defrost) and can sometimes malfunction, especially after a battery replacement or if it has worn out over time.

Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Reset the Climate Control System: Sometimes, after a battery replacement, the climate control system needs to be reset. You can do this by disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. This might help the system recalibrate.

2. Check for Fault Codes: If the problem persists, there might be a fault code stored in the climate control module. A scan tool that can read Lexus-specific codes can help identify if there’s an issue with the mode door actuator.

3. Inspect the Mode Door Actuator: If you’re comfortable with DIY repairs, you can inspect the mode door actuator. It’s usually located behind the glove box. Look for any signs of damage or wear. Replacing it might resolve the issue.

4. Consult a Professional: If you’re not comfortable with DIY repairs or if the issue persists, it might be best to consult a professional mechanic. They can diagnose and fix the problem more accurately.