Question between LS and GS to purchase

Californialk

Hey everyone, I’m deciding on buying a 2010 ls460 with 110k miles ($13k) and a 2014 gs350 with 110k miles ($19k).  I really like the idea of the bigger comfy LS, but through internet research it seems like the LS is expensive and a bi*** to maintain as it gets older, whereas the GS is bulletproof (relatively).

Assuming the LS at some point needs a suspension overhaul ($6k), would that equal out the two cars?  Or should I go with one or the other?

I commute in stop-and-go traffic for about 2 hours a day, but I drive pretty aggressively when I’m not commuting.  I’m looking for a fast comfortable reliable car I won’t have to think about.

and BTW, no es350 for me-I don’t like their looks (respectfully).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP/OPINIONS!

I would pick the GS, as it does handle better (based upon various reviews by magazines) and although it is not quite as quiet and smooth-riding, the sportiness of the GS would make up for those LS attributes.

Neither car is a commuter.

I haven't owned an LS. I expect it's more for touring than sporty ride.

I enjoy driving and like to feel I am in control of the vehicle and in touch with the road. I own a 2016 GS350F and love it. It can behave like a touring car or a ports car.

Plenty of torque/get-up-n-go when I need it in eco mode; better in sport mode; even better in sport mode using paddle shifters.

It's a smooth ride at low and high speeds but you still feel the road.

Sport seats have plenty of adjustments for comfort and to wrap around your body for occasional aggressive driving and curvy roads.

Have owned a 2006 GS 430,which is rear wheel drive, and am now driving a 2015 LS460 AWD . Two entirely different cars. The GS is sporty, responsive, and has a decent ride. The LS is a true luxury ride with good power, more space, especially for a rear seat passengers, and decent handling.

The GS is way more fun for aggessive driving, the LS is the better long distance touring machine. As far as ownership costs, I have seen zero difference, the GS was bullet proof to 180,000 klms, and the LS has been too, but it only has 90,000 klms so far. I can't honestly say that repair costs have ever been a factor on any Lexus or Toyota product I have ever owned, and I have had many.

• Like 1