Beeping or squeaking sound when steering

I have a 2003 GS430 and when I drive, something beeps or squeaks repetitively for a short period of time. The sound is coming from I think the steering rack or the gauge cluster.

I bought this car used with a check engine light, ABS light, and VSC light ON. I used a scanner and the codes were for a bad catalytic converter and a bad evap system. When I cleared all of the codes, every light went off. But that’s when I started hearing these beeping sounds.

Let’s break down the possibilities:

1. Beeping Noise:

2. Check Engine Light, ABS Light, and VSC Light:

• The fact that you had these warning lights on initially suggests there might be underlying issues with the ABS system, brake system, or VSC.
    • Clearing the codes turned off the lights, but it seems to have triggered the beeping sounds. It’s essential to address the root cause of those warning lights.
  3. Steering Rack and Gauge Cluster:

4. Professional Inspection:

• I recommend having a professional mechanic inspect your Lexus GS430. They can diagnose the specific issue by checking for error codes, examining the steering components, and assessing the VSC system.
    • Addressing the initial warning lights and resolving any underlying problems should help eliminate the beeping noise.

• Thanks 1