How long to get second key 2024 RX350?

Go to solution Solved by RX400h,

The dealer had no idea how long it would take, from reading 6 months is not out of the question.  How long has it taken to get your second key?   

Also, My wife got hit by a rock on the interstate today (500 miles on car) and cracked the windshield pretty bad.  State Farm sent me to a local shop who ordered me a new windshield from Lexus (2024 RX350 Luxury) and was told the windshields were on backorder with no ETA on arrival.   Guess we will ride around with a cracked windshield while we wait on a key....DOH! 

• Solution

Regarding the second key, it seems that there has been a global semiconductor shortage impacting certain microchips, which has affected the delivery of the second key for several Lexus models, including the 2023 RX. Lexus has initiated a Second Key Delivery Program to provide owners with an additional Smart Key free of charge. However, the exact time it takes to get the second key can vary.

As for the windshield replacement, it’s unfortunate that the windshields are on backorder with no ETA. Once the windshield arrives, the replacement process typically takes around 1-2 hours.

In the meantime, it’s important to drive safely and be aware of any potential vision impairment caused by the cracked windshield. If the crack worsens, it might be worth considering temporary solutions until the new windshield arrives. Hopefully, someone who has gone through one or both of these issues will comment.

• 4 weeks later...