94 LS400 Central Locking

I have a 94 LS400 and everything was working fine up until yesterday when my central locking stopped working for all my doors, the button on my key and the switches on my doors don’t do anything and the locks on the handles only lock that specific door. Any help is appreciated. 

Here are a few things you could try:

1. Check the Fuses: A blown fuse could be the cause of the problem. The previous owner of a similar model found that a 7.5A fuse was the issue. Check your vehicle’s manual for the location of the fuse box and inspect the fuses related to the locking system.

2. Reset the Door Lock: You could try resetting the door lock system. To do this, switch the ignition on without turning the engine on. Switch to neutral. Click and hold the unlock button for about five seconds. Keep neutral when shutting down the engine. Click and hold the lock button again for five seconds.

3. Check the Remote: If you’re using a remote to lock/unlock the doors, it’s possible that the remote is the issue. Many Lexus remotes look the same, but the electronics are different. You could try reprogramming the remote or consider getting a new one if reprogramming doesn’t work.

4. Consult a Professional: If none of the above solutions work, it might be best to take your car to a professional. The issue could be with the door ECU or the locking mechanism itself1.

I figured it out it was a blown fuse it was the 10 amp dome fuse. There’s 2 fuse boxes though one in the engine bay next to the battery and one in the driver footwell above the e brake.

• Like 1