02 LS 430 Low Idle In Drive

I recently acquired a 2002 LS 430 with 65k miles from Seattle Washington after my 92 LS 400 was totaled (RIP we had a good run).  Car is running fine and currently going through maintenance items, but I have one issue that bothering me.  The car sits at 500 rpm when in drive only, park/reverse/neutral its at 750 rpm.   I've read over several posts complaining about this same issue with no resolution, of course I've cleaned the TB and MAF since reading these posts.  Is it normal for the LS 430 to idle in drive at 500 rpm?  Anyone with a LS 430 let me know what their car idles at in drive?  Any help is appreciated, thank you. 

Is your ac on at that idle? If it is and the car is idling smooth, no lumpiness, no hesitation when you step on the gas to leave, then your are fine. My GS 430 idled just above 550 in drive, with ac on. Same motor.

My ls460 idles at about 850 to 900 under those same conditions and I would prefer if it idled a little lower, actually.

In drive with A/C on it idles at 750, only 500 with drive/ac off.  I'm going to guess this is the normal idle for this vehicle.

It is normal. It speeds up when you engage ac due to the extra load, almost all cars do that. There is a typo in my first post, it should have said just above 650 with ac on, 500 with it off. Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Paid close attention yesterday to the idle on the LS460, 500 to 550 in gear, climate turned off. With climate on it idles at exactly 800, in gear. In neutral or park, climate on or off, it seems to idle at the same 750 rpm. Hope this helps.