Buzzing Sound In Dashboard?

1991LS400

Guys,

I really need someone's help or advice/idea on what this could be.

Sometimes upon sticking my key into the ignition (not starting the car yet) I hear a bzzzzzzzzzz sound come from my dashboard. And sometimes randomly while I'm driving I hear it in my dashboard as well.

What is electrical in my dashboard that could make that bzzzzzing sound?

I'm sorry, this was the best description I could give. Please help.

Brian

Does your "auto tilt" work properly? Perhaps that is it making that noise and the wheel is not moving? I had to try to get used to the rapidly increased dash "noises" on my 90 LS. When I got it- hardly any noises- then they really cropped up. Annoying to say the least. That is one of the main reasons I sold my LS. Other than that- I loved it, aside from the front suspension woes.

It did have 235K however and was a older car, but so was my 93 Toyota Camry LE V6 sedan, with ZERO rattles, with 220K, as was my 91 Accord LX sedan with well over 200K- was also rattle free.

You may want to try what I did. Just turn the radio volume up to drown it out. I did that until my radio went on the blinks. :rolleyes: :D

UPDATE-

Oops- seems like SK replied before I got mine entered. Looks like we had the same idea.

Edited by 90LS400Lexus