2007 RX400H: Instructions for replacing headlight assembly?

Looking to replace my cloudy headlight assemblies.  Considering doing it myself to save a few $$.  Looking for instructions to determine if I can tackle it on a Saturday morning. Thanks - Dan

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the fly. I appreciate it. That seems consistent with everything else I have read. I haven’t had a chance to do it yet but that’s my intention.

Thanks for the fly. I appreciate it. That seems consistent with everything else I have read. I haven’t had a chance to do it yet but that’s my intention.

Any recommendations on LED replacement bulge for the same vehicle?

dan

I stayed with OEM HID bulbs upgraded the Halogen bulbs to better Halogen bulbs as far as the maker bulbs go i went with VLEDs there not cheap but there still working the turn single bulbs i stayed with OEM 

Figured this may help on the headlight remove there is 2 10mm bolts on top there is 1 10mm bolt under the relay fuse box that just unclips to move out of the way then the last 10mm bolt is on the fender well you will see that once the bumper has been removed 

Thank you for the additional details for the bumper removal.  'Marker bulbs' are what - running lights?  Which halogens did you upgrade to?  Would you recommend it.  I assume you didn't go LED because you have the projector lense?

42 minutes ago, NCDAN said:

Thank you for the additional details for the bumper removal.  'Marker bulbs' are what - running lights?  Which halogens did you upgrade to?  Would you recommend it.  I assume you didn't go LED because you have the projector lense?

Yes the projectors I replaced with OEM bulbs and yes the running lights I used VLEDs I think they have a slight blue tint for the high beams I went with SYLVANIA 9005 SILVERSTAR ZXE GOLD HALOGEN HEADLIGHT BULB they have held up well I never needed to replace my headlight assembly I just removed them and sanded them and buffed them out and re did the clear coat on them 

I am looking to do the same thing (sanding them).  Did the clear coat you use come with the kit I assume you used. Nice job.

No I did not go the kit route the best sand paper I could find is made in Germany the finer the better used 3000 plus wet sanding then 3M buffing compound then cleaned the surface sprayed with clear coat I will need to look up the clear coat I used I know it was not cheap