Radio, Gear Shifter And Ashtray Lights

viprgurl

I just bought a 99 Lexus RX300 and the lights in the radio buttons, gear shifter and ashtray do not work. Has anyone had this problem and how was it resolved? I do not know if it is a blown fuse or if it is a problem with the in the wiring that is located in the center console. If this is just a blown fuse, what is the abbreviation for the fuse that I need to replace in the fuse box. If it is a problem in the wiring, how might I fix it myself? :unsure:

Not being a smart a$$ here but you did have the lights turned on right? When I first bought mine I thought the auto lights were on and I had no lights like you but I had head lights so I thought something was wrong, it turned out that I had turned the light switch off and what I was seeing as headlights was the day time running lights. I turned on the switch and just like magic all the lights came on. LOL

Jeff

Okay, after getting a lot of help from DobieG on another post, I have found the problem. It was a blown fuse just as I had suspected, but without the owner's manual I did not know that that little storage box on the drivers side is really the driver's side instrument panel once it is removed. I had found that the panel fuse was blown and I replaced it and all is well. Sounds pretty obvious :rolleyes: , but all my other cars just have a door instead of of a little storage box as a door. Does anyone know why they did not just put a door there or is the little storage box supposed to double as something else?

Hope this helps someone else. :D