Fuel/Gas door actuator

The open/release button for the gas/fuel door works (extremely) intermittenly requiring pushing it 50 - 100 times.  I've installed two different new fuel door actuators but still have the same problem. Testing shows 12v at the actuator coming from the button on the dash.  Has anyone else had this problem with the electronic fuel door opening?  Any suggestions/solutions?

No, I did not check for mechanical interference.  Not sure what you mean by "mechanical interference" or how to check for it.  Can you provide guidance?

Once the lid/door is open, look at the mechanical latching components. Perhaps there is excessive interference between them that prevents the door from releasing. There could be an adjustment that is needed. You can also ask a mechanic to check it out.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I took it into the Lexus dealership and they did a diagnosis concluding that it was the actuator which is why I tried two of them. They did check for mechanical issues like you mentioned. Thanks for getting back to me!