2022 ES 350 dashboard scuff marks

Merely rubbing against my dashboard has caused permanent scuff marks that the dealership [nor Lexus corporate] will fix. Dash material is so "sensitive" that washing it with a washcloth also causes permanent scuff marks. It looks terrible. Anyone else have this issue?- any suggestions?

yes- tried a variety of recommended cleaners- but the scuff marks remain. The dealership had their detailers work on it too but made no difference. The dealership said they had seen this issue before and recommended we have them paint it for $150- and every time it scuffed it would require another $150 paint job. I thought this a poor solution.

Did you ask them if they've seen this happen in other ES350s or models of the same year?
If so, there may need to be a recall, just as there was for dash replacements in RX vehicles before 2016 when the vehicles were less than 10 years old. Those dashes were softening and cracking.

• 1 month later...

This is ridiculous. Just bought 300H 2 months ago!  I paid a lot of money for my Lexus and the dashboard looks horrible. Very sensitive in the heat. What if we lived in Texas or Arizona. This should be a recall. I’m so frustrated. I called the dealer and he told me to get my windows tinted darker or get dash cover. Wow really!! So upset.