Radio Liquid Crystal Display Problem

I have a 2000 GS300 and the radio display is malfunctioning. As the ambiant air temp increases the display shows only partial numbers and letters. Anyone else ever have this trouble. Apparently, it must be a problem since I have found a few companies who fix these displays.

Also, does anyone know how to remove it from the front panel so the radio unit can be sent for repair. Don't want to pay $500 bucks for a new radio.

:P

I have a 2000  GS300 and the radio display is malfunctioning.  As the ambiant air temp increases the display shows only partial numbers and letters.  Anyone else ever have this trouble.  Apparently, it must be a problem since I have found a few companies who fix these displays.

Also, does anyone know how to remove it from the front panel so the radio unit can be sent for repair.  Don't want to pay $500 bucks for a new radio.

Pull the ashtray out and I think the upper ac vent panel needs to come out as well. It should be kind of obvious from there. Or you can take it to a stereo shop and pay them a couple bucks to pull it out for you. Watch them and you'll know whats up.