Fuel Tank Capacity

wjbrooks3

I just purchased a 2004 RX330 with 6000 miles on it. Love the car so far. However, I just filled the gas tank up for the first time and was only able to put 15.6 gallons in the tank. The range left on the car was 8 miles and the warning light was on, so I assume that I had pretty much emptied out the tank. After I filled the tank, the range was listed as 300 miles, consistent with a 15 gallon tank. The capacity is listed in the manual as being 19.2 gallons. This seems like a fuel gauge or other electronics issue. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what has been the response of Lexus?

First, my gas mileage sucks....oh well

Anyway I have taken mine down to Zero on the readout 2 times and have put about 18 gallons in. Now when I fill up I keep putting in gas till it comes up to the top and doesnt go down anymore.....it is FULL!

Seems like when I first got the car I would fill up and it would reset to 300-310. But now it seems when I fill up its reseting around 290 or so! Which really sucks considering a 19 gallon fuel tank. Im hoping it will get better as I get miles on her (only has 1300)

Im sure you can take it down past Zero on the readout for 10-20 miles before you would run out....it has to have some reserve fuel built into it after Zero for people like me:)