Light In Console Box On '03 Es

I was reading the Owners Manual on page 70 for my '03 ES and it said that there is supposed to be a light in the center console between the front seats. That's where the CD changer is located. I sure as hell can't find it. Does anybody know where it is? :(

Alan

Alan,

I don't have the nav, so my console box does not have a CD changer. My book (pg 68) says the rear console box light comes on when the tail lights are on. I just went out to check.

It is a 1/2 inch by 2 inch plastic lens (lights up green/yellow) on the upper part of the back wall/side of the box (just under the hinge of the upper tray). It comes on when the key is in the on position and the tail lights are on.

hope you find it.

steviej

Stevie,

After reading your post I went out to the car and once again I did a thorough search for this light and it was nowhere to be found. I think that when you have the CD changer they eliminated it or they're trying to save money on the '03 model. :D I'll ask the dealer the next time I go over there.

Alan

I went to my Lexus dealer this morning and looked at an '03 Lexus ES without the 6 CD changer in the console and sure 'nuff it had the light there. I was told since the CD changer takes up about half of this compartment it wasn't needed, and that's why I couldn't find it. Problem solved.:)

Alan