How To Detail A Already Clean Car ?

OK, I have a black 01 ES 300. Got it about 6 months ago. It came detailed from the Lexus dealer and has been garaged and "dry mopped" often. This car is very clean. Winter is fast approaching and I want to give it a good cleaning/waxing before the rain.

Question, after washing it and drying it with the right stuff what do you guys suggest for a detailing job. Again the car is very clean other than a few micro scratches and old water spot marks.

I have read the guides but would like you guys to give me your advise. Give me a "routine"/waxs or polishes. Stuff to cover the micro abrassions and a good protectant from the wet. Please, make it as simple as posible. No need to go crazy.

Since it is a black car I'm aware that some issues my arise.

Thanks.

Just like detailing a dirty car, only its easier ;)

I would clay it, since it was sitting for a period of time. You said you wanted to cover up or hide the swirls and microscratches, use a good quality glaze and then your choice of wax. Run a search or check out the howtos posted on the top of the page for product choices and proper uses.