Weird Noise

VMF

hey guys, when i was driving to work today i notice a weird noise when i was pushing the gas pedal, sounds like.. i dont even know how to ddescribe it, like a hole in the exaust or smth, it dissapeared in couple of mins and i would check it again on the way back home butwhat that might be? any1 had this? is this a exaust leak somewhere? bad seal? cant reproduce the noise on idle.

did u lose any kind of engine power or anything?? ie..did it stutter, or bog?

yeah its probably like u said, a hole in the muffler or a hole in one of the exhaust welds

did it sound like it was coming from underneath you? or in the rear of the car?

i'm sure if you took it to a lift you could find what it its within 5 minutes..

good luck V

Does it sounds like a low pitched ticking(not pinging) sound? I get a sound like that in the 2-3.5k rpms range, and then, it dissapears in 500-2k and 3.5k rpms on. I know my valves are good since my car idles silently. K9crew investigated a sound like this on his car, and he found that it is a rattling heat sheild on the exhausts. He put a hose clamp on the shield and exhaust, and it was done with. Here's the link to his post: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...owtopic=312&hl=

:cheers:

i was thinking, if its a hole then noise should always be there, while when i drive the car for couple of mins and it heats up completely the noise is gone. might be the heatshild i will check it when i will get a chanse to lift the car

did some more testing, its like a ticking noise which can be heard only during firrst 1-2 mins of driving under moderate acceleration. it is dependent on the rpms. weird....

i've actually never heard of an exhaust manifold leak on a lexus, it was just a suggestion......but i'm sure it can happen, just like any other car....

but i have had one b/f on another car, and u could here it in low rpm plain as day but then when the speed picked up it went away.......i don't know why...but thats how it goes.......

take her this weekend to a lift like i mentioned b/f (they do it for really cheap, if not for free) and just look at all the ehaust and see if you can find a hole.......let someone get in there and give it a little gas while its in park and see if you can pinpoint where it is coming from, then go from there

good luck man.

thanx, checked it out already, no no leaks, plus i cant really hear the noise on idle, it can beheard only during first minute or 2 when i start driving in the cold morning.