Ls 430 Steering Wheel On An Ls 400?

dak

hey y'all.

I was wondering if it was possible to fit a new ls430 (the wooden one) to a 1993 ls400? HAve things changed too much?

the leather on the steering wheel and the gear shift knob is almost completly rotted on my 1993 ls400, and It's possible that I could get an inexpensive new set of both the wheel and the shifter knob... but I'm not sure that it would fit.

If they are compatable, then I'll have a local dealer install them - and I'd be a happy camper indeed.

thoughts?

dak.

the steering wheel from a 430 MIGHT bolt on(i'm not positive), but i know for a fact the air bag wouldn't be compatible.... (i know Gen 2's will bolt on, but again air bag isn't compatible)

and thats a big safety issuue

as far as the shifter knob,,,,it is not compatible,....the gear locking mechanism on the Gen 1 is in the way....gen 2 up do not have that.......so it won't work

and as far as i know, i have never seen nor heard of a auto wood shifter that is compatible with the Gen 1 that is reasonably priced........ <_<

now there is anohter option but its expensive.........send both shifter and wheel to american stitches and have them re do it in leather and wood.......like i said it is a really expensive option......