Getting Ready To Do Rear Brakes

ArmyofOne

about drum in disc types?? i have never done a drum-in-disc, just drums or disc (the last time i did drums was on my contour, and it was a 7.5 hr job...dont ask!). mine really need done, and i cant afford to have somebody do them for me ATM. i will pick up a gen II camry Haines manual at the end of the week...but i dont think my brakes are gonna last that long. first they were squealing, now i am seeing increased stopping distances...next think you know, they will be grinding...

You are breaking new gound for this fourm and an ES250 as no one seems to be on here who works on the first gens.

I would read the write up i made in the tutorial section to replace brakes on later ES's it may be the same or atleast very similar.

You are breaking new gound for this fourm and an ES250 as no one seems to be on here who works on the first gens.

I would read the write up i made in the tutorial section to replace brakes on later ES's it may be the same or atleast very similar.

That is true...I am still considerably new to this forum but when I first came here earlier this year and did a search on ES250 always came up empty....

I have changed the rear disk brakes on my ES250 it is a very very simple task...just make sure you don't forget to remove the clips from your old brake pads and put them on the new pads...

That is true...I am still considerably new to this forum but when I first came here earlier this year and did a search on ES250 always came up empty....

I have changed the rear disk brakes on my ES250 it is a very very simple task...just make sure you don't forget to remove the clips from your old brake pads and put them on the new pads...

i ran out of time and took it to a shop. they pulled the front wheels off and the rotors looked like mirrors. they werre glazed so bad it was not even funny. the pads still had 95% pad. but i had my pedal to the floor and it was still taking me 100 yards ro so to stop from 40 mph. it got dangerous so i took it in.

the rears are glazed and cracked. so another $300 for those to.

total bill for front only came to $339.12.

:blink::blink::blink:

that aint nothing, they want $356 to change my spark plugs.