Steering Wheel Leather Fade

The leather on my steering wheel is turning into dust. Also on the shift knob. I tried the link on replacing the leather but it does not work. I was hoping someone could re-post updated info or provide information if you have repaired this yourself. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
I was cleaning my steering wheel with leather cleaner and overdid it. The original color is a shiny brown, the cleaner took off the clear shiny glaze and the brown color leaving a large beige/white section. Anyone know of a way to restore the color and the shine?

Go go auto Supply and have them match the color steering wheel color buy the spray can color from them and spray it carefully covering the all other areas. I did mine and caem perfect. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is flaking off at the top also but in order to paint it i would have to remove all the paint and it wouldnt look as good

So in order for it to look good i would have to replace it completly

but that guy does have the do it yourself kit which is pretty cheap as much as painting it almost

It wouldn't look as good as what? As replacing it with new leathers? I know it wouldn't look as good, but it should be cheaper.

The DIY kit is like $75US I believe . . . how much could the paint cost?

Regards,

Bryan

My steering wheel was flaking apart so I bought a WheelSkin. I was a little work to put on but I am Very happy with the result. Here is a Pic:

post-17060-1118785818_thumb.jpg