How to Replace Lexus NX 200t Sport Power Lift Gate w/ Manual

I own a 2017 Lexus NX 200T Sport, which comes with a power rear lift gate. Looking to convert the power lift gate to a manual one. Has anyone else done this with a similar vehicle? I'm currently looking for manual lift gate struts that will fit on my vehicle.

I've done this before on a Toyota Highlander XLE, which went great. Now I don't have to worry about the power/automatic system breaking. I know I can do it myself easily once I'm able to find the right parts (manual struts and matching brackets).

Thank you!

On 5/5/2023 at 11:52 AM, Julieanne said:

I own a 2017 Lexus NX 200T Sport, which comes with a power rear lift gate. Looking to convert the power lift gate to a manual one. Has anyone else done this with a similar vehicle? I'm currently looking for manual lift gate struts that will fit on my vehicle.

I've done this before on a Toyota Highlander XLE, which went great. Now I don't have to worry about the power/automatic system breaking. I know I can do it myself easily once I'm able to find the right parts (manual struts and matching brackets).

Thank you!

What a strange outlook.   Take the engine out and fit pedals while you’re at it.  

Our power liftgate has been working for 18 years, and from what've seen, a replacement motor is not all that difficult to install.
To be honest, you're the first person I've seen on this forum who wishes to convert to a manual system. Does the Toyota RAV4 come with manual or power liftgate?