Speakers

smcmrk

My first guess would be the amp since they all went out at the same time. They could just be blown I guess, but if there is no sound at all I'd go with the amp. If thats what it turns out being, the dealer should be able to repair it for around $200 and include a warranty. I just had that done myself. Hope that helps.

You can pull the speakers and test them individually. Of the four speakers I pulled from my car and the one aquired from another SC, two of them didnt respond to electrical current. So, it's not all that uncommon for these to go dead. I'd do that before pulling the amp. The guy that is re-coning mine said that usually a wire comes loose causing them to die. He's going to try to reconnect these. We'll see.

My first guess would be the amp since they all went out at the same time.  They could just be blown I guess, but if there is no sound at all I'd go with the amp.  If thats what it turns out being, the dealer should be able to repair it for around $200 and include a warranty.  I just had that done myself.  Hope that helps.

Do you know if there is more than one amp in the sc? Like maybe one for the normal speakers and one for the tweaters or sub?

I believe there is just the one, because a few months ago I called to price "the" Nakamichi amp. They would have probably asked me which one I was referring to if there were more than just the one. Can you believe they wanted $1,200!! I was thinking half that... and that was bad enough. You can also get those re-worked for around $250. Before anybody does the "amp thing" they really need to pull and test their speakers individually.