Used 2015 RX 350 worth it? Reliable?

Looking into purchasing my first Lexus. I am I Interested in a 2015 RX 350 from Carmax $26,000 and 69,000 miles. Cash purchase. Only 1 owner (but was a leased vehicle) no accidents reported nothing on vehicle history report. Just maintenance stuff. Was obtained from CarMax through auction.

My question is - is this a car worth purchasing? Like in general? Are the 2015 RX 350’s reliable?

I would purchase newer but I really don’t like the new aggressive design of 2016 Lexus RX 350 and up.

What is generally spent on maintenance a year? Is Lexus expensive to repair?

Any recurring problems that are common?

Gas Hog?

I more than likely may be the terminal owner since the car is 8 years old but say I want to sell in a couple years or so, do they hold decent value at 10 plus years?

(I am coming from a 2015 Honda Civic which has had virtually nothing wrong other than maintenance for the last 6/7 years)

Think it will reliably last another 10 plus years?

Edited by AmandaLexus

• 1 month later...

i love my 2015 RX350 which i bought in 2019 with less than 50K miles on it. Have put only 10K miles due to pandemic, had to repair the AC system and forget the price but it was reasonable with non-dealer repair shop.

I also don't like the grille design post 2015 lol.

Very nice comfortable ride, quiet, reliable; the body is in terrific shape. It looks almost brand new.  MIleage seems to be fine.  I upgraded from Toyota RAV4 which I loved too; I was pleasantly surprised how much smoother the ride was, comfortable seating, nice amenities liked heated side mirrors, backup camera, car beside me alerts in mirror, etc.   Hell the safety of the backup camera alone makes this car worth buying.  I've been hit in the past backing out of crowded parking space; never again.

Our RX400h is over 18 years old and has been the most reliable vehicle (of that age) we ever had. It still averages 25 MPG and does 0-60 MPH in 6.6 seconds - not bad for a big, heavy SUV!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pdoyle said:

that's amazing 18 yrs old

It was certainly ahead of its time. In fact, it was faster than the Porsche Cayenne and had much better fuel mileage..