Can the TPMS on my 2009 Lexus RX350 be disabled

I need to replace the Tires on my 2009 Lexus RX 350. The TPMS battery's  are 14 years old and dead. I have never had to use the TPMS Thanks to Discount Tire, free tire pressure checks and Scheduled Maintenance where the Tire pressure was always checked when the tires were rotated. Therefore I would like to eliminate the TPMS completely . I don't use it I don't need it and I don't want to spend $ 200.00+ to replace the 5 valve stems. CostCo said they would NOT disable the system but they would be glad to replace the system for $ 44.95 each Times 5 plus tax. 

Can the TPMS be disabled/eliminated and is it something I can do ? ? ? 

Probably not.  TPMS is a federal requirement which is why reputable tire sellers will not mount new tires unless TPMS is functioning.

You should be checking the pressure in your tires when they are cold and much more often than only at tire rotations.  Tire pressures increase and decrease about 1 psi for every 10 degrees Fahrenheit change.  I sometimes have to correct tire pressures more than once a week if there are big temperature swings.

Costco's price for TPMS is pretty good.  I bought and had Costco install TPMS on the winter wheels I bought for my Porsche last fall.  In fact, I've bought all our tires except one set from Costco since 2001 when they opened a store nearby.  Discount Tire is pretty good too but Costco almost always beats them on price either up front or with the annual Costco member giveback check.  Some Costco stores have nitrogen air pumps out front if you want to use them but be sure to recheck your tire pressures when they are cold.

Does the 2009 RX350 have a full size spare tire with a TPMS sensor?  You might have TPMS only on four tires.

I'm a strong believer in TPMS.  Getting a low pressure alert has helped me get to a safe area several times where I could either change the tire or add air with the portable compressor I carry so I could limp it to a tire shop for a tire repair .... or tire purchase if the tire was ruined.  The last thing I want to do is to change a tire while semi's are whizzing by me on a busy highway.