New Here

MightyPugs

Hi all

glad i found this place....i'm new here (obviously) and i have a cpl of questions.

I just purchased a rx330 awd on labor day. i don't know if it's me but it seems as if this suv is kinda punchy in lower gears. anyone else experience this?

also it seems as if the trans slips and revs a bit too much. now i may have been a little tough on this at first and i only have 600 miles, but something of this calibur should not be giving me problems to worry about out of the gate.

i love this suv and wouldn't give it up for anything so someone please tell me i am out of my mind.....that no one else is experiencing this. :)

if you liek gunning it out of nowhere, turn your overdrive off...i'm assuming that it's ur overdrive that tries to *save gas* by shifting into a higher gear, but when you all of a sudden give it full throttle, it confuses the computer and forces it to downshift so u get the jolt of speed, and thats why u might feel thta little jerk or what u may seem to think is a 'slip'

if you liek gunning it out of nowhere, turn your overdrive off...i'm assuming that it's ur overdrive that tries to *save gas* by shifting into a higher gear, but when you all of a sudden give it full throttle, it confuses the computer and forces it to downshift so u get the jolt of speed, and thats why u might feel thta little jerk or what u may seem to think is a 'slip'

you will think i am an idiot but where is the od in this car?

i just found my trac. button and that was after i read the bible of a manual they give you :)

i try not to punch it but i am still getting used to it.

on a side note, i just talked my best friend into purchasing a 05 ls430. lexus has been my fav since the sc400!

ON the 330 5th gear is overdrive, pull it left, towards the driver and it drops into 4th which is a good gear driving under 45 or so driving in traffic in town --- I use 4th to help me drive down steep mtn grades here in Arizona...