Abs - Trac - Trac Off

:huh: I have no idea what and why this happend. I just came home from work and while driving the ABS light first came on and then after that the trac off light and shortly after that the trac lights all lid up on the dash. I really dont know what the meaning of the Trac off and trac is (purchased car used - no manual) does anyone have any ideas for me. I tried to turn if off and the lights still came back on. It was raining today and I am not sure if it is due to the rain. Would putting it on the computer work to read the codes. Any suggestions are welcomed and thanks.

Absolutely, you should look for codes with a scantool. Most likely you have a failed or dirty wheel speed sensor. The car is "safe" to drive, but with the ABS and TRAC OFF lights on, you will not have ABS or traction control capabilities until you get it fixed. Your brakes will continue to work in non-ABS mode, provided the BRAKE light is not on.

• 3 weeks later...

i just had this happen to my gs430. it ended up being a clogged pcv which caused the vacuum to go too low to support the vsc. the code showed that it needed a tune-up, and the bad pcv was discovered during the tune-up. hopefully it was that simple for you too.

i just had this happen to my gs430.  it ended up being a clogged pcv which caused the vacuum to go too low to support the vsc.  the code showed that it needed a tune-up, and the bad pcv was discovered during the tune-up.  hopefully it was that simple for you too.

I also had no manual and went to lexus.com then put in my VIN vechicle ID number found on top of dash.drivers side..can view thru windshield..they responded and mailed one to me immediately.. no charge