Exhaust System

laxdude3622

For those of you that have done a new exhaust system, by getting a shop to build you new piping and everything, did you get a new y pipe? I went to this shop today and he said he wasn't going to put a new one on, for some reason, damn i forgot. But ne ways what do u think of this. How much performance gain should I expect outta this with new piping, removing resonators, and magnaflow ss mufflers w/tips 14829's?

• 2 months later...

I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 95 Sc400 also. I've done searches, but it seems there is not one particular setup that people recommend. I've heard about losing low end, and what diameter pipe to use. So what's the real deal? I want to do this before I head overseas (military). Are those magnaflow's pretty easy for the muffler shops to work with?

To not lose low end power, go with 2.25 inch piping. The magnaflows were pretty easy for the exhaust shop I went to, to install. They had no problems putting anything on. Plus the magnaflows look great and sound awesome once they break in all the way. Mine took at least a month.