Not Impressed With The "lexus Experience"

MikeP

Yep, I told ya, let your feeling be known and thats the true test. They earned your business for life.

On the contrary Steve, I'd still be very leary until they PROOVE their worth one or two more times.

They need to understand that this man paid a substantial amount of money for a car, and deserves "near perfect" service EVERY time he pulls the LS in........

Mike, I think you feel somewhat like I would - relieved but leary........ :unsure:

As I mentioned in my previous post, I learned a lot from this experience and hopefully so did the service manager and advisor. I learned that my communication was not what it should have been either. I allowed them to keep my car when they ordered the parts, when I really didn't want to do that. I thought by doing what they recommended it would be easier for the service department. Had I told them that was not my preference and I wanted my car back until the parts arrived, I would have actually saved them a lot of the grief I gave them when the parts took longer to arrive than expected.

I learned that the burden is on both the customer AND the service department when excellence is expected. If I told them what I wanted, I have no doubt they would have given it to me. They thought it was easier for me to drive off with the loaner and leave my car until the work was completed. Many customers feel that way. I don't, but I didn't let them know until today. It's after the fact now, but hopefully both the service department and I will draw from that education the next time we meet.

Mike

99- Sure, but I have a feeling that he won't have these problems again. They will make a note in his file that he is:

1. Anal about his car

2. Doesn't like a wash

3. Likes to be kept in touch

4. Is a great guy to deal with when these guidelines are followed

They'll be fine from here on out. I've seen my own file at the Lexus dealer lol. They washed it last time by accident and they were so sorry, credited me back $150 to have it re-detailed again in case the wash guy scratched it (which he did, but not very severely).