Detailed The Fam's Rides...and The Neighbors Too!

First up, My neighbors 2004 Volkswagen Golf TDi. it has 58,000 miles on it and it was bought in feb of 04...yes he drives alot.

DCP02077.jpg

My dads 2000 Dodge Ram:

DCP02076.jpg

DCP02075.jpg

DCP02074.jpg

...speaks for itself.

my moms 2002 Chrysler Concorde Limited...

DCP02073.jpg

DCP02072.jpg

DCP02071.jpg

DCP02070.jpg

DCP02069.jpg

DCP02068.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Arm...ne/DCP02067.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Arm...ne/DCP02066.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Arm...ne/DCP02065.jpg

...also speaks for itself.

i used RE-NEW car soap (cheap dollar tree stuff) and then dired, and used Meguiars Cleaner wax. then i washed again with Eagle one Car wash. dried again, then used Turtle wax Platinum Series Ultra Gloss, followed by Meguairs NXT.

i also used this tire shine called No Touch Wet and Protect by Permatex Industries.

so whaddya think???

EDIT: can you guys see all of those??

Nice work, I'm going to move this to the detailing forum. I do have some reccomendations for you though that will save you some time and give you a better end result.

1. Cleaner wax. Really this is not the best product choice. Cleaner waxes are designed as an all in one step, and like all in one products it does niether step as well as stand alone products. Since you're waxing anyways no need to use a cleaner wax. If you want to stay with something you can buy in a store I reccomend Meguiar's Color X.

2. Wash after polishing step before waxing. Again, this isn't really neccisary. Only way this would be neccisary is if you're using some pure sealant program like Klasse or Zaino that require an oil free surface, and you're not.

3. Turtle Wax Platinum and Meguiars NXT. These are redundent products. If you WANT to use both you can but you have the order reversed. The NXT is a sealant, it should be applied underneath the Turtle Wax, which is a wax. The NXT also has a good amount of chemical cleaners in it and likely removed the wax you had laid down underneath it anyways.

4. Dress the wheel wells! Spray some of that tire shine up into the wheel wells, gives the car a much more finished look.

I can see everything but the Concorde pics.

DCP02067.jpg

thats my favorite one... i think thats the best photo i have ever taken...and i wasnt even trying LOL.

the garage is a mess cause the water heater EXPLODED :blink: at the seems last week, and we havent gottn around to cleaning it up :D .

it will be shortly. if the DFW peeps want to have a meet, this house is one fo the choices for locations.!! check out the thread in the "meets" forum!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get any of the pictures? All I see is a Search The Web button?

SWO, I agree with your wheel wheel cleaning. I use Westley's and spray the whole inside, then use the No Touch tire foam and just spray it all over in there. Looks so good.

I can't get any of the pictures?  All I see is a Search The Web button?

SWO,  I agree with your wheel wheel cleaning.  I use Westley's and spray the whole inside, then use the No Touch tire foam and just spray it all over in there.  Looks so good.

photobucket deleted the account...the pics arent there anymore.

my dad traded the ram in a week later and got an 02 F150 (paid for!)