Oil Capacity

ArmyofOne

oil capacity:

1. check the owners manual or call your local dearlership. They may have a shop manual. You might be able to get an owners manual after registering your ES250 on www.lexus.com. That manual may be out of print but then again, corporate many have some stashed away. You could also call a toyota dealership and see what the same year V6 Camry held.

2. Buy a Chilton or Haynes manual for the same year Camry.

3. Research it at you local library. Look for the Huge Chilton Import manual, it will be listed in there.

I have the one that goes up to 1987 and all the Camrys in it were only 4 cyl.

I lent the one covering your car to my brother so I can't look it up...sorry.

4. drain your oil and measure what comes out. That will be your minimum volume. Don't forget to measure what little volume in held in the filter.

a. put on a new filter and add 3 quarts of the oil of your choice.

b. Wait 5 minutes so that all the new oil flows down into the pan.

c. Measure the oil via the dipstick.

d. Add 1/2 qt and wait five minutes and remeasure using the dipstick.

e. repeat this until the oil is at the "full" line. (I am guessing it will be 4 or 5 quarts.)

f. drive the car around to bring it up to temp. This gets the new filter saturated and filled with oil. Return home, wait five minutes and check it again. Add what little volume is/if necessary to bring it up to the "FULL" mark.

type of oil:

10W-30 should be sufficient for TX year round.

synthetic or dino is your choice. search this as it has been widely discussed and beaten to death. Please don't revive the great oil debate, AGAIN.

Last, get the valve cover leak fixed. :chairshot:

steviej