Got New Remote And Programed It

IlyaIlya

bought a new remote door opener from ebay for 35 dollars shipped , ( mine was working but the end where you place the hoop to secure to keys was broken off .)

This one was new with new battery and directions,

At first directions looked like a puzzle heh, i read and read it, did not understand nothing, desided to just go and do it, first time did not work, 2nd time it did, but I was unsure cause with door opened it made noise when i pressed close heh, DUH, it wont close door it its unlocked heh

closed doors, used remote, and everything worked great, technology rules ;)

JUST CURIOUS, if you end up loosing one remote, can u delete the other remotes programs, and then redo the coding, and that would make the lost remote program ineffective? or something else should be done

thanx

• 4 months later...

hey would you mind posting directions I have a 97

these are the directions I have from the forum

1) Driver door is open and unlocked, key is out the ignition.

2) Key is inserted into the ignition and removed without turning.

3) Using power lock, the door is locked and unlocked 5 times.

4) the door is closed and then opened.

5) Using power lock the door is closed and opened 5 times again.

6) key is inserted in ignition turned to on position and then off, key is then removed.

7) After the locks cycle,the lock and unlock button is held simultaneously for a second.

8) Immediately after the lock button is held for 2 seconds.

A few questions "step 3" Does this mean pressing buttons a total of ten times or just five 1.lock 2.unlock 3.lock 4.unlock 5.unlock or is lock unlock considered 1 of the five times.

Step 5 using the power lock means the button on the door right so I unlock the door and open then shut it and lock it is one time

step 7 what does locks cycle mean do i do the same cycle again? of locking unlocking ro should my doors be locking and unlocking on there own....also does anyone know what radio frequency to use to check and see if it is working. ?

3 and 5 means lock then unlock cycle 5 times (10 presses)

7 - the doors will lock then unlock on their own to confirm the mode you are in - there is more than one mode which is selected in step 6. In step 6 a single ignition on and off cycle puts the system into 'add' mode.

Other modes are:

2 - Rewrite mode - wipes all keys and adds new keys

3 - Prohibition mode - wipes all keys and disables remote locking

4 - Confirmation mode - car locks/unlocks doors a number of times to tell you how many keys are currently programmed.

• 3 weeks later...
3 and 5 means lock then unlock cycle 5 times (10 presses)

7 - the doors will lock then unlock on their own to confirm the mode you are in - there is more than one mode which is selected in step 6. In step 6 a single ignition on and off cycle puts the system into 'add' mode.

Other modes are:

2 - Rewrite mode - wipes all keys and adds new keys

3 - Prohibition mode - wipes all keys and disables remote locking

4 - Confirmation mode - car locks/unlocks doors a number of times to tell you how many keys are currently programmed.

okay great you answered my questions I will try it again tomorrow morning. I think the fob I bought had a dead battery and that is why it didnt work the first time.

• 3 weeks later...
can you program the remote if you dont have your master key, i only have my valet, can I still do this?

Colin I tried again but still need help. LIke said on step 7 the locks cycled(unlock lock) . So i Held the lock and unlcok button and it cycled again I think. Then let go of those 2 buttons and held down the lock button for 2 seconds nothin happenned no beep no lock cycling etc. IS that the last step because it still doesnt work. Im gonna look for another thread with directions maybe Im still doing something wrong or i might different steps for 97 es