Big Problem

Em91

Hey guys I have a 91 ls400 with 127.000. The car runs excellent but has had a coolant leak from the top of the reservoir right out of the collant level sensor. I have tried to fix the leak many times with no success. I never worried about the leak because it isn't bad and the car never overheats. Well, I just got under my car to do some work on it and noticed another coolant leak and it has me very worried. The coolant leak is coming from the drivers side, "same side the reservoir is leaking from" and it looks like it is right under the exhaust manifold. There are allot of wires running under there and it seems like either the coolant is coming from that covering around the wires, which would mean it is traveling from somewhere else or it is coming directly from the cylinder head, which would mean I need a new head gasket. :cries: I am a mechanic and I have not taken it apart yet to get a better view. I need to move the wires and maybe take off the heatshield on the manifold. My question is if there is a water pipe also running under the driver side exhaust manifold or not. The car is running perfect and is not smoking in any way. If the leak is at the head gasket it must be at the corner of the gasket so, no smoke no mixing with oil or anything. It is just a leak. :censored: Please help with any ideas. Thanks.

• 7 months later...