Interested in purchasing a 2013 RX450H

To all,
     I am new to the Lexus family and I am looking to buy a 2013 RX450H with 92K miles.
Any advice on things to watch out for, pitfalls, the good things about the hybrid, things to be warned about, things to have checked specifically before purchase, questions to ask, etc.?

I always start with reviewing the maintenance manual for the specific vehicle in which I am interested. Then, I call the owner to query how well he or she followed the schedule. Are there any receipts if the work was done, externally?
What repair work, if any, outside of maintenance was required.

If I am satisfied by the answers, I schedule a test drive and inspection. It's never a bad idea to have a service shop perform an inspection and advise of any necessary repairs. All fluids and any leaks should be checked as part of the inspection.

Also, verify that the rear floor in front of the back seats did not consistently have objects placed in that location. One service advisor told me that blocking access to air flow in that area could lead to a shortened battery life.

Our RX400h is now 18 years old with 136,000+ miles on it and it is still performing well.

Dave,

Thank you for the quick response.  I am buying the SUV  from a Lexus dealership so I don't have the benefit of asking the previous owner about the level of car care they gave the car but I do have the service history for the vehicle.

I see regular service visits for most of the 10 years but nothing specific to the hybrid components.

I will work on getting and reviewing the maintenance manual and starting there.  Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1