Sc400 Hood Struts

TMaxxTim

I was looking at a 1992 SC 400, it appears to be well maintained, except for the interior. The engine seems to have good oil in it, brakes are good, everything is mechanically sound. My question is how long do the hood struts usually last, the 2 that hold the hood up? The ones on this car look relitavely new and they hold up the hood well. I was just wondering if they could potentially still be the originals? I figure if the owner has the want to replace something as small as that, he would keep up on the maintinace also. I know its a lot to infer from something as small as that, but I thought I'd ask anyways!

I have a 93 SC 400 with 175000 on the tach and my hood shocks are as good as they were at 50000. The only shocks that seem to have a mind of their own is the trunk shocks. Sometimes the lid stays up and other times it hits me in the head while I'm getting things out of my gym bag. Try these guys for parts on your coupe. Dealers wants $140 for each trunk shock. I've ordered the pair from TAP for $75!

T.A.P. Recycling

11337 Dismantle Ct

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

800-765-7100 or 916-631-7100

Mon-Friday 8:00-5:00 PST

Saturday 9-3:00 PST